Transfers

Sorry guys transfers but by this point with only about year left you guys should be used to me not always emailing or should prep for it πŸ˜¬πŸ˜“ (Don't come to the Philippines mom!!)

Anywho things are going great my companion is going home 3rd companion I've sent out of our mission (two went home and the third went to his real mission in Africa) 

Yeah the two I sent home always make me super homesick but its fine I go out and teach and realize yeah have fun at home, Imma be busy saving mga kaluluwa(souls).

So yeah about the transfer um first I'm training a new missionary again... prayin for a Filipino mostly because I hate Americans but also because it would be sooo hard to explain how to do sooo many things (like wipe😐✋πŸ’©) and I'm also becoming a district leader again but anywho other than that things are going good here's a few stories just cuz I got time

Ancient lady
So the oldest woman I have ever met in my entire life is in our ward she is 101 shes still strong, She lives with her daughter but from what I could tell is still pretty independent and walks to church every Sunday so yeah basically the biggest G (g standing for grandma) ever! 

She has the coolest stories because she lived in the Philippines while it was being taken over by Japan so yeah basically all the guys she had ever known were killed and she was like yeah I'm sick of this crap so she started fighting and my comp was like yo! that's awesome what gun did you use? and she was like "No we didn't have any guns. We would use machetes and we would sneak up on small groups of the soldiers and then all of a sudden we would whip out our machetes and kill them!" which me and my comp were like πŸ˜¨πŸ˜¨... haha she was legit she had other crazy stories about WWII and other crazy stuff but I'll just tell you when I get home.

Family Home Evening
So this week I had exchanges with my district leader and we are at this one house and so I'm just being chill talking to the mom as she prepares food and then the mom called one of her kids down to talk to us so she could cook and so we talked with one of her daughters who's an return missionary and basically I told her that I was brand new in the Philippines and couldn't speak Tagalog and so she spends like 20 minutes speaking English and trying to teach me Tagalog (they are a really rich family so they are really good at English) 

Here was my plan I wasn't going to reveal that I could speak Tagalog until the lesson started and then I'd suddenly speak fluent Tagalog and just blow them all outa the water and it woulda been awesome.

But then the dad came home and I was like "Oh dear, I am not down to lie to this guy." so alittle after he came in and his daughter introduced me as the new American who has been here for 2 days I lean over to the dad and I'm like bro I've been here for almost a year now I speak fluent Tagalog and he's like "Ohh and then he's like "Elder I'll have you know I've been a bishop twice and I know that on the temple interview question there is a part about being honest to your fellow man." 

"Oh no,  this dude is gonna kill me!" and then his daughter comes in and the dad suddenly goes back to pretending to teach me Tagalog and suddenly just joins in on the joke haha the reveal was sooo funny the daughter was pretty angry but then we shared a good message and ate good food (again they are rich) and then they gave us a ride home (first time I've ridden in a car that wasn't a taxi or a jeep in... almost my whole mission) 

We get home and the guy I was on exchanges with was like that was the best! That family has never opened up to us like that! That was awesome! So yeah don't let anyone tell you lying doesn't pay off! (That's a joke don't lie)

Spirit stuff
Anyways sorry I joke so much in my emails I just don't want my fans (the three of you who read these) to get bored

I'll work on putting more spiritual stuff because I do know that this church is true and that God is there for us 

One comparison all the guys in the mission use is to  compare God to the wind. We can't see him but we know he is there because we feel him.  I don't really like that explanation because in my time here in the Philippines I've met a lot of crazy people so I don't think feelings are a very reliable.  Feelings are one way for the spirit to communicate with us and so once you know there is a God yeah go on feelings because the whole uncertainty of feelings is what faith is all about 

But I like to add there is something that definitely proves the wind is there. It's the fact we can see the leaves and dust moving around the same way we don't know god is there because we feel him we know he is there because if you look everyday you can see those little leaves he's pushing around like what Alma says in Alma 30:44 All things denote that he's there 

Feelings are good and that's is the way for him to communicate with us but if that is all you have to prove god then you are not looking hard enough and should take a closer look.

Love you all thanks for everything tune in next week


My companion who is going home asked to take a pic so here's him princess carrying me


 Don't worry I got a haircut since we took these pics


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naoperahan Ako (I operated)

Temple November 5, 2018

Pig Latin