Language



Hey everyone! 

Things are going really good here in Baesa (thats my area)! 

Alright, so here's the thing language is such a big deal here in the Philippines there are so many freaking languages here. Like Tagalog is like the official language of the Philippines so everyone speaks it but they also all have their native tongue that's only spoken in the part of the Philippines that they are from that they would prefer to speak. 

For example here's a list of the different languages my companions have spoken natively 

Ilongo,
Illocono, 
Bisaya, 
Bicolono, 
Pangalatoc, 
and Chebocano

Yes I have not had a companion that has had the same native language as another companion so that should tell you how many freaking languages there are here! Which is kinda cool because the last three companions I have had have tried to teach me their language but its really hard so I didn't really pick up a ton. I know "Yes" and know in like 5 languages now though. 

But the thing that sucks about that is even though I'm pretty good at Tagalog I still feel left out a lot because as soon as my companions run into someone from their province they start speaking that language and its like I'm in my first transfer again awkwardly laughing when they laugh. Hahaha 

But right now my room mate (yeah I finally have room mates first time my whole mission) is teaching me Bisaya and my companion is teaching my Chebocano which is literally Filipino Spanish.  I'm hoping I'll actually learn to speak them because all the Filipinos love Americans who speak Tagalog it like makes there day.  Just hearing me speak they think its so cool because straight up I'm the first white guy they have ever seen speak Tagalog but if I spoke their native tongue to them they would straight flip like I could  get so many people to talk to me if I was also able to speak Bisaya (that's like the most common second language from what I've seen) but here's something that's super cool that started last transfer and has continued until this transfer the Filipinos call me dong now "Dong"is technically Bisaya but all the Filipinos use it.  Basically means like "Bro" but the fact that they call me it means like they like see me basically as another Filipino which is so dope! 

love you!


-Elder Roberts

Although Adam is not in these I found the images facinating

June 30, 2018 President Koster: "June 2018 was an historic month in our mission. We had 150 Convert Baptisms and 30 of those took place on Mindoro at the same time (see pictures below). It truly was a waters of Mormon (or rather waters of San Jose) moment in our mission.
The work is still moving forward at an incredible pace and it is so fun to be part of this great work. The gospel is true and as President Nelson has said, "Faith in Jesus Christ propels us to do things we otherwise would not do". I can testify that the missionaries in PQCM are filled with faith and because of that, MIRACLES are happening.
We love you all!!!"






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naoperahan Ako (I operated)

Temple November 5, 2018

Pig Latin