Service

So here are a few cool stories about service that we did this week 

Built a House

We helped one of our recent converts (I was the one who baptized her) to build her house which was super fun and awesome all by itself (pics will follow). But what made it even better was our recent converts kids are "dating daan" which in Tagalog means the old way.  Anyways they do not like Mormons and while we were still teaching Nanay Emma, our Recent convert, they would wait till we left and be like "Noooo Mormons suck! Dont become Mormon!" and like when we would come over they would take over the house of our RC (again at this point she was an investigator) and play Dating daan propaganda on her TV 

This actually worked awesome for us because what happened was we just taught her in the houses of her neighbors and taught her neighbors too! (one of them will be baptized this may!) So actually at the time that was awesome that they hated us 

But anywho when they saw us come to help they were like "Wow actually these guys aren't evil that's nuts!" So yeah we helped them build the house and we joked and talked with them and now we are teaching them!!! Yeah! They have a lot of hard questions but since the Iglesia ni Christo incident I have studied the bible like nuts so I can answer almost all of their questions using the Bible which is awesome!





Tore Down a House

So one of the members houses burned down about a week ago.  It was really sad they have no house. All of our district went over there and cleaned out everything that was burned which was funny because we would just be walking down the street and all these Filipinos are just watching this white dude carry the piece of the burnt house down the street and they all without fail either did like this hardcore double check or just stared. We had a bunch of these teen dudes working with us helping remove the rubble and they were all like "Dang this is nuts that there is a white guy here!"  (in Tagalog) and I'm like "I know right!" (in Tagalog) and they are all like "Whaaaaaaaaa???" Welll actually they are like "Annnnnnnoooo?????" but yeah it was fun getting all sooty and cleaning up the rubbble!

Caught a dog

So last p-day me and my comp are walking home after emailing and we see these people chasing their dog and he almost got hit by a car like 6 times and I remembered how often my dog would run away and how stressed and embarrassed I was by it. So just like instincts set in and I just started chasing that dog and my comp just comes with me and here's the other thing the people chasing the dog are rich old people so they aren't fast at all. So this dog is just making a fool out of them so we come in my comp goes to one side of the street and and I go to the other. So we got this little furry hooligan surrounded and so my comp suddenly just sprints at this dog and this dog hardcore bails and runs toward me and then straight stops running and just walks up to me and starts smelling my knee.  So yeah, I just bent down and gave him a big old hug (he doesn't have his collar on anymore so that's how I had to hold him down). He's just like super chill just sittin' there and they then put the collar and his leash back on him and we are walking away and my comp is like "You know why he liked you?" and I'm like "No not really?" and then he was like "It's because you look like him" Oh yeah the dog was white 😐 but yeah this didn't lead to a teaching situation but it was kinda cool.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naoperahan Ako (I operated)

Temple November 5, 2018

Pig Latin