This place is the best

Hey so I just want to say how much I love things here! 

Seriously it's just the best. During my call on Christmas my brother asked if I'd come back and I said yes. Well I change my answer I wouldn't just come back for vacation. I'd live here. Honestly it's just so cool. 

For example we'll just be walking to our next appointment and boom! Wow so this is where they filmed that scene in Indiana Jones! 



Also some people are just like "Yeah man I just wandered off into the jungle and built my self a house. Whats up." It's so cool to find those people and just talk to them. I'll be real they are living the dream. If I suddenly disappear on my mission, first place to look is around the jungle on mount Sembrano. If I'm not there I probably got cursed by another witch, only this time it took hold. 

Another example people are so nice and giving.  One time I was trying to get out of paying for something and was like "Nah man I don't have money I'm not buying it." And one of the guys that were working with us heard. Later that week his grandma comes up to me and is like "Elder I heard you didn't have any money so heres 200 pesos (about $4)."So yeah I took her money and bought some McDonalds and it was delicious! Ha ha!! 
Joke I was like "Nah man that's your money, I got money I just don't like spending it." 

We have about 15 guys in our Elders Quorum who show up every week. Anyways about 9 of them need glasses but only 6 of them have glasses. So what happens is as they are reading together once its one of the guys turns who doesn't have glasses all the guys with glasses pass him their glasses until he has a pair that actually helps. It's so funny and beast like all the old tatays here are such G's man. 

Also the food can be really good clearly I'll have to import Trumoo here but other than that all the food here I could live off of especially the fresh fruit. Coconuts and pineapples here are so good! Also I've heard the mangos are legendary and that's my favorite fruit so I'm pumped for mango season. I had best not be in the city then or I might apostatize! Probably gonna get assigned to city for saying that but hopefully it made at least one of you laugh. 

No joke though I love it so much here! Mission life is stressful but its sooo worth it! 

You'll see why next week *wink* anyways love you guys! Take care of America while I'm gone! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naoperahan Ako (I operated)

Temple November 5, 2018

Pig Latin