Normal

It's weird because things here have become normal.

For example just walking down the road and it's just like yep, buncha naked lil' boys just ran past. That's cool. Oh look some dude is just going #2 on the side of the road. Whatever. One of the zombie dogs from "I Am Legend" just started barking at me. Good thing I know that most the dogs here are just bark and no bite.

A cart that is being pulled by a caribou just got passed by a sports car. I guess the car is cool.  This hut is made of bamboo and has dirt floors but they have the nicest flat screen TV I've ever seen. Yeah they got their priorities straight.

I saw the chicken runnin around 45 minutes before I ate it. Wow that spider is bigger than my hand and is right next to my bed. Whatever I'm tired! Wow that lady just handed me food on a banana leaf instead of a plate. That's kinda cool I guess. 


Google example of Filipino dinner on a Banana leaf


It actually bums me out cuz there are a lot of cool things here that I know I'll miss and tell stories about later. But because this is just my life now I don't fully appreciate it. 

Also I'm still gaining weight. There is this lady who the first day I arrived in Malaya said "You are so skinny. I'm gonna make you fat!" and I was just like "huh?" Cuz my Tagalog was trash but then she said "Do you know this Elder?" and I was like yeah (he's pretty big) and she's like "This was him before he was in Malaya." and she shows me this pic of him and he was like skinnier than I am. 

Yeah I was like "Oh frick" now every time I come over shes like "Hmm" and she pokes my stomach and is usually like "still skinny" but the other day I walked in and she was like ahh "Mas malaki na" which means like "You're bigger" 

I feel like Hansel from Hansel and Gretel. Like she's just fattening me up to eat me.

Also my Tagalog is really coming along I can joke around with the youth that always come with us to work which is awesome! I can also get around and I love seeing peoples reaction to me saying I've been here for 6 weeks and usually they are like "Wow I thought like 7 months!" and since Filipinos are usually brutally honest I get pumped out of my mind! 

Lessons are going really well I can say anything gospel related I want basically and can understand a lot better!


Love you all!

Love, 
Elder Roberts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naoperahan Ako (I operated)

Temple November 5, 2018

Pig Latin