More holiness give me

Superstition
 
Yeah people here are freaking soooo superstitious
 
I have two stories.
 
First the witch story sege (go ahead)
 
So me and my comp are just walkin regular day. I'm saying "Hey" to everyone, as we are walking I see this woman who is at least a million. She is so freaking old, anywho, so she's lookin at me and I'm a missionary so I say "Mandang hapon" (good afternoon) and she lifts up one of her gnarled ancient fingers and starts like making this gargling, growling, humming sound. I'm just like "Huh?" and my comp starts pushing me and is like "Walk faster that witch is casting a spell on you." So here's the deal I'm pretty sensible every time anyone says they saw a ghost or are spooked out. I'm like nah that's ridiculous. But when he said she was casting a freaking spell on me you best believe I hightailed it outa there!
 
So yeah if I mysteriously go missing I'm probably one of the frogs in my backyard.
 
 
Ok so second story this happened during exchanges so we are going to visit one of the investigators so we walk up to the gate shout "Tao po" It's basically like "Hey people are here." but literally it just means "people" anywho, so the mom comes out and says "There is a bad spirit come back tomorrow." And my comp at the time was just like "That just means someone is sick"
 
Anywho, so according their neighbor they were planning on doing a ritual to get the spirit to leave using pigs blood, a gold plate, and candles. Yeah right, so I was like "Probably for the best I'm in Malaya, not Sampoloc. (Sampaloc is one of the city districts that comprise Manila, Philippines. It is known as Metropolitan Manila's "University Belt", after the clusters of prominent higher educational institutions located there. )
 
Pic I took going up to an investigators house

​Pic I took from my balcony.
Love you all!

This is buddy. She's a dog who lives by my apartment and is so freaking nice.
We haven't seen her in a while tho, so yeah pretty concerned about that!

Pic I took while walking.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naoperahan Ako (I operated)

Temple November 5, 2018

Pig Latin