Getting Better

1. Guitar guy: coolest story in this whole email by far
2. Area: just telling you about my area
3. Missionary scripture: talking about how much i have improved
4. GOOD NEWS: the best thing happened 
 


Guitar guy

so ok me and my comp are visiting one of the recent converts in our branch and were just sitting there talking to him and i see this guy in the background and his arms are flaying around and hes walking weird and first thought was like probably another drunk guy. yeah not a drunk guy he came to talk to us and he was actually blind so lesson 1 dont judge people! anyways so hes sitting there as we are visiting with the RC and i see a guitar on the couch and i ask our RC if its his. nope its the blind guys so i was like oh cool would you mind playing for us? so he picks up his guitar and plays some filippino song and finishes and asks what we want him to play so no joke the next hour we just keep telling this guy different songs and he knows exactly how to play them there wasnt a song that i have heard here in the filippines that he couldnt play (the listen to alot of american music here) anways serriously one of the coolest experiences in my life! everyone has talents sometimes there are obstacles such as hard work or you know blindness or sucking at tagalog but dont let those define you!
 


Area 

Ok so contrary to what the name of my mission suggests I am not in the city. I am wayyyy in the jungle and honestly its usually awesome but it has some draw backs like... bucket showers. Here's the thing I've heard of other missionaries that had to do this. So I imagined like the sun rising and like the song from lion king starts playing and the missionary gets out of bed and starts walking into the jungle and like Simba would be like "wazzup" and he'd just be like "Ahh just on my way to showpow" and Simba would be like "Oh you probably want your privacy have a good one!" and the missionary would get to this clearing with this well with glistening refreshing water and he would dip this wooden bucket into the well and after the first dunk boom squeaky clean!
 
 
Yeah not so! First let me set the scene and then I'll paint the picture.
 
So first, yeah not secluded, and no privacy, I'm just in my backyard and our neighbors are there just chillin. Second not a well, it's like a faucet outside that spews freezing water and is built like an inch off the ground. Also not a bucket its more like a cup.
 
Alright you now have all the important elements.
 
Ok so here's the picture. Missionary wakes up, does his morning workout to stay in shape, changes into not but compression shorts goes outside, lily white skin gleaming in the filipino sun, and bends his 6'2" frame over to fill the cup with water while the 70 year old woman neighbor watering her garden has a heart attack, because while he is facing the faucet his other end is facing his poor traumatized neighbor and her screaming grandchildren.
 
He then arises dumps the freezing water over his head and wants to gasp, but because the water will kill him he's gotta keep his mouth shut, and he's gotta do this another 10 times to actually get everything wet. Then shampoo and soap which means another 20 "buckets" of water.He now knows better then to call it good after just five despite the cold, because then he will feel slimy and soapy all day.
 
But to be honest I am loving the jungle life took some getting used to but its beast!
 
 

 
Missionary scripture

So for my missionary scripture on my plaque I chose Ether 12:27.  Look it up if you don't know what it says.
 
Anywho so alot of my weaknesses have really been strenghtened here which is awesome but not what Imma talk about.
 
Ok so Tagalog is really hard to understand and speak and yeah its just rough (it's gotten alot better) but here's the thing I realized I have started to be able to understand people alot better and also teach alot better but what I'm really good at is reading Tagalog. I can almost understand everything I read in my Tagalog Preach my Gospel and my Scripts in Tagalog. Now if you know about my past and how much I used to struggle with reading English you can understand how big of a miracle it is. Just one of the more obvious ways I've seen the hand of the Lord in my mission.  

GOOD NEWS

Dang I forgot what the good news was... umm... I'm gaining weight actually but that cant be it... dang um oatmeal here is way good its basically like browny batter mixed with oats its so Masarap (delicious) ! But that's not it either. It's great but if oatmeal is the best news I have so far thats pretty sad...I haven't had any baptisms, dang what is it... um things are going really well with my companion.
 
OH YEAH! I GOT CHOCOLATE MILK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its soy (sorry b dont come to the pines) now its obviously its no Trumoo redcap but lets be real nothing can ever compare. But oh man it's sooo good after a long day of tracting! 
 


Things are awesome I'd love to hear from all of you guys!
 
Love
Elder Roberts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naoperahan Ako (I operated)

Temple November 5, 2018

Pig Latin