Actual last email in the States

So because I won't have a Thursday this week we are allowed to email today.

I love you guys so much! I know that this church is true! A lot of Elders in my district keep jokingly saying "this is our last chance to leave because once we fly out its way more difficult". All this talk along with the culture lesson we got (talking about the food) really made me consider the choices I had made. It made me consider if I actually knew if this church was true.

I've never said my testimony more in my entire life than in the last 6 weeks but suddenly I doubted everything I had said.

One thing made me know that all I had said was true and what I am doing is right. It wasn't an angel or God descending to talk to me or a beautiful vision.

Instead it was the memory of all the times I had seen the Lords hand in my life. My amazing loving parents, my amazing grandparents, my difficult but still loving siblings, my great friends, my supportive ward members and leaders, but above all the gift of the gospel that I was given.

How could I possibly deny anyone this amazing gift that I had merely because I was scared? How could I deny the Lord Two years when He has blessed my entire life? I know that what I'm doing is right.

These next two years will probably be the craziest, scariest two years of my life. But if I can reach even one person, if I can bring the light of the gospel to one person than all the bucket showers, all the snakes, spiders and bats, all the blood soup, all the balut, all the trials I could possibly face in the Philippines or anywhere else is worth it.

I know that this gospel is true I know that families can be forever. I love all you guys so much!

Love, 
Elder Roberts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naoperahan Ako (I operated)

Temple November 5, 2018

Pig Latin