Kumusta po mga kailangain at pamilya!!

Elder Tune, Elder McQueen, and Elder Roberts



Hey everyone! Yeah its actually been a pretty crazy week! We had Elder Cook come on Tuesday which was so cool honestly the only thing I think I'll miss about the MTC other than the chocolate milk and the English is the occasional visits from the apostles.

Also now I'm in a companionship with 3 people which is weird! but cool! its me my old companion Elder Mcqueen and Elder Tune who was in my first email.

OK so I have two actual stories this week which were awesome! For the first story I'll have to jump back to last weeks TRC (basically its just practice lessons members) in which my companion and I spoke such terrible Tagalog that the person we were teaching just could not stop laughing at us. It was extremely funny but also very discouraging!

Anyways I found out we got her again for this weeks TRC and was pretty nervous about it! Anyways when we went in it started not too great but then I bore my testimony and asked her if she could also bear her testimony on what we were teaching (we were teaching about personal revelation) anyways she started crying and telling us about how she knew the Book of Mormon was true and how she got sealed in the temple and all kinds of stuff. This WHOLE conversation was in Tagalog and I no joke understood everything she said and knew exactly how to reply in Tagalog honestly the language is really coming along!

Second story I have to jump back even farther than a week ago. I have to jump back to the dark and gloomy days that I roamed the halls of Woods Cross. Back in high school there was a kid that I completely hated. Anytime I saw this person I would walk the other way and whenever he opened his mouth I had to roll my eyes. Well as I was walking back to my residency on Sunday I saw this kid and suddenly I remembered my hatred no more instead of seeing someone I hated I saw how much God loved him and I couldn't help but stop and talk to this kid who I had hated so much.

Now if you know me which if you are on my email I'm assuming you do, you know I have a lot of difficulty forgiving people. Once I decided I didn't like someone that's how it would stay but now I see that God has changed me. I am no longer the selfish hateful person I was, I can see Elder Roberts doing things Adam never would have. Not only have I learned so much more about the language but I have learned so much more about the gospel and about how it is ultimately centered around love.

Through the atonement and through my struggles here at the MTC I have become a far better person than I could have ever imagined. I am so Thankful for all the struggles and trials I have gone through that made it possible for Adam to become Elder Roberts. I love you all.
 
-Elder Roberts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naoperahan Ako (I operated)

Temple November 5, 2018

Pig Latin